Monday 30 September 2013

WOMAN

“A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: 'Duh.” ― Conan O'Brien 

“Why does a woman work ten years to change a man, then complain he's not the man she married?” ― Barbra Streisand 

“A living poem" had always been the words that came to mind when he tried to describe her to others.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook 

“She wore her sexuality with an older woman's ease, and not like an awkward purse, never knowing how to hold it, where to hang it, or when to just put it down.” ― Zadie Smith 

“you boys can keep your virgins give me hot old women in high heels with asses that forgot to get old.” ― Charles Bukowski, Love is a Dog from Hell 

“When a girl says she wants to be friends with benefits, I always ask if that includes dental insurance.” ― Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me 

“I like men who have a future and women who have a past.” ― Oscar Wilde 

“Man can never know the loneliness a woman knows. Man lies in the woman's womb only to gather strength, he nourishes himself from this fusion, and then he rises and goes into the world, into his work, into battle, into art. He is not lonely. He is busy. The memory of the swim in amniotic fluid gives him energy, completion. Woman may be busy too, but she feels empty. Sensuality for her is not only a wave of pleasure in which she is bathed, and a charge of electric joy at contact with another. When man lies in her womb, she is fulfilled, each act of love a taking of man within her, an act of birth and rebirth, of child rearing and man bearing. Man lies in her womb and is reborn each time anew with a desire to act, to be. But for woman, the climax is not in the birth, but in the moment man rests inside of her.” ― Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934 

“It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” ― Coco Chanel 

0 comments:

Post a Comment